19.9.08

Salsa

You gotta try this salsa! Last week at our quarterly enrichment meeting at church we had a mystery dinner. We were served this salsa as an appetizer and it's pretty much all I ate! Everything else was good, but I just loved the taste of this salsa and I don't even like avocados. Saturday night I made a quick pit stop at the grocery store and made the salsa for Trent...he also loved it. In fact, the dinner I made went straight into the fridge for leftovers and our family had chips and salsa for dinner! My kids thought they died and went to heaven, who gets to eat snacks for dinner???? Kathy Bedke was kind enough to share her yummy recipe with me and now I'm sharing it with you! Enjoy!

1 can corn niblets, drained
1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 bunch green onions, chopped (i used my cuisinart)
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
4-5 tomatoes, chopped
avocados, to taste

Mix together, put on dressing and then stir in avocados.

Dressing:
3 Tablespoons Vinegar
2 Tablespoons oil, not olive
2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 teaspoons tabasco sauce

Serve with tortilla chips!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband also isn't a fan of avocados, but I don't think he'd be able to resist this salsa! It sounds so fresh and flavorful :). I'd like to share your recipe with our readers, please let me know if you're interested!

Best,
Sophie, Key Ingredient Chief Blogger
sophie@keyingredient.com